Salus populi suprema lex esto (Latin "Let the safety of the people be the highest law") Marcus Tullius Cicero
Education and professional organisations
- BSc in Physical Sciences (majoring in Physics)
- PhD (Crowd Dynamics) Interdisciplinary Mathematics from Warwick University
- Fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its applications. (FIMA)
- Visiting Professor of Crowd Science (Bucks New University)
- Regular Visiting Speaker at Easingwold (the UK Cabinet Office Emergency Planning College 1999 - 2014)
- Member of Mensa for over 30 years
- Fellow of the Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management (FICPEM)
- Specialist Fellow of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (SFIIRSM)
- Professor of Crowd Science - Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
- Member of the Expert Witness Institute (MEWI)
- Fellow of the Institute of Place Management (FIPM)
Training and courses
- Developed and delivered modules for the UK Cabinet Office Emergency Planning College training programs for Crowd Risk Analysis, Crowd Management, Crowd Dynamics, Crowd Science and the crowd elements of Public Safety at Sports Grounds, Public Safety at Festivals and Mass Gatherings and Public Safety in the Complex and Built Environment.
- Developed and teaches modules for a Foundation Degree course, a BA (Honours) degree course at Bucks New University
- Author of “Introduction to Crowd Science” crowd safety in the built and complex environment.
- Developed and teaches a wide range of crowd safety and risk analysis course taught around the world.
- Developed and teaches the MSc in Crowd Safety and Risk Analysis at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Over 28 years developing and teaching the principles of crowd science. Crowd Risk Analysis and Safety Engineering, crowd modelling, monitoring and managing crowds, advising on events, experience event safety office. I have consulted, at a Govt. level around the world (UK, Saudi Arabia, Holland, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, USA). For full list - click here.
- Mega-Projects include the Annual Pilgrimage to Makkah (3,000,000 people per day), Jamarat Bridge, wrote the design criteria for the Holy Mosque (Makkah Saudi Arabia), Royal Wedding and Diamond Jubilee (1,000,000 people), London New Year Events (750,000 people), Sydney Olympics (500,000 per day), Brighton Pride (200,000 people), Aberdeen Hogmany (24,000 people) and the local fireworks and sports events for our village (500 people). These are just a few of the projects I've been involved with over the last 28 years.
- Clear Channel (Night Club Overcrowding) - Report and court attendance
- London Underground (Personal Injury) - Report and analysis
- Senate House Committee USA (Testimony) - Live TV Broadcast
- New York State USA (Personal Injury) - Report and Analysis, Supreme court witness
- Notingham, UK - Lava and Ignite (Fatalities) - Report and analysis
- Birmingham, UK JLS (Personal Injury) - Report and analysis
- Hillsborough Inquiry, UK (Risk Analysis) - Report and analysis
- Duisburg, Germany - Love Parade (Mass Fatalities) - Report and analysis
- London, UK - Event (Personal Injury) - Report and analysis
- Chicago, USA - Crowd Crush (Personal Injury) - Report and analysis, deposition
- Las Vegas, USA - Crowd Problem (Personal Injury) - Report and analysis
- Memphsis, USA - Crowd Problem (Personal Injury) - Report and analysis